Hi everyone! Thanks for finding this recipe blog post, Chef Ama’s Kid-Friendly Vegan Lemon Drop Cookies. My name is Kid Chef Ama. I’m a 15-year-old girl from Ghana, West Africa. I love baking cookies, and I want to share with you why it’s good and fun to make kid-friendly vegan cookies.
Firstly, making vegan cookies is good for the environment. Did you know that animal agriculture is a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions? By making vegan cookies, we are helping to reduce the demand for animal products, which in turn reduces the impact on the environment. Plus, we get to eat cookies that are kind to the planet – it’s a win-win situation!
Secondly, making vegan cookies is good for our health. When we use plant-based ingredients, we are consuming less saturated fat and cholesterol, which can lead to a healthier heart. Vegan cookies can be made with wholesome ingredients like oats, nuts, and seeds, which are all good sources of nutrients that our bodies need.
Thirdly, making vegan cookies is a fun activity for kids! Baking is a great way to spend time with family and friends, and it’s even more fun when we get to experiment with different ingredients and flavors. I love adding chocolate chips and raisins to my cookies – they make them taste so yummy!
Now, let’s get into the recipe. For this vegan cookie recipe, we will be using simple ingredients that you can find in your kitchen. Here’s what you’ll need:
Chef Ama’s Kid-Friendly Vegan Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe
1 cup Flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 small lemons ~ 2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup Flaxseed
1/4 TSP Lemon extract
1/4 Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Grind flaxseed. Juice lemons.
- Then, add and whisk together the lemon juice, sugar, salt, butter, and lemon extract until well combined. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, ground flaxseed, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Always do the dry ingredients first.
- Sift flour and mix with the other ingredients.
Mix or let an adult put it in a mixer. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Take it out and place on parchment paper in fun cookie shapes. Then, let an adult bake it for 12 minutes at 180°
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. The dough should come out sticky.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes – 1 hour. The dough will be firmer and cookie-dough-like.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious vegan cookies with a glass of my original As Above Sobolo.
Making vegan cookies is not only good for our health and the environment, but it’s also a fun activity that we can all enjoy. By using plant-based ingredients, we can create cookies that are both delicious and nutritious, and we can feel good about what we’re putting into our bodies. So, the next time you’re in the mood for a sweet treat, why not try making some kid-friendly vegan cookies? You might be surprised at how yummy they taste!
If you make this recipe, please share and tag us with pics, videos, or comments on our Abibitumi Group to get more freebies or Insta page